Page updated as program, development, and communications associate openings in our Nonprofit Servant Leadership program become available. All positions are 13-months long and work in our Washington, DC office.
We are currently seeking faith-filled young adults to immediately fill the following in our Nonprofit Servant Leadership Program:
Nonprofit Servant Leadership Program Requirements
- Between the ages of 21 and 35
- Demonstrated commitment to service and social justice
- Demonstrated commitment to one’s own faith/spiritual development and openness to learning about the Franciscan charism
- A desire to engage in the FMS community beyond the workday, particularly as it relates to living in the FMS intentional community/house of hospitality (includes weekly meals and prayer)
- a monthly stipend
- housing in an intentional young adult community
- a retreat
- spiritual direction and formation
- professional development and mentorship
- weekly hands-on volunteering opportunity
- no commuting cost
Download the application and return it to email@example.com
Q: When is the application deadline?
A: There is no set application deadline. As a spot in the program becomes vacant, the position is posted here and applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the spot is filled.
Q: What is the start date?
A: Please see each position’s description for specific start date. There is no calendar or schedule for when positions begin. Rather, as an associate approaches the end of their 13 months of service, the position is posted and we begin to consider candidates for the opening. The position stays open until the ideal candidate is found.
Q: What are the steps in the application process?
A: After acceptance of your written application, we will ask for one pastoral reference and three professional references. The pastoral reference could be from from a pastor, campus minister, spiritual director – someone who has journeyed with you in your faith life. While the professional references could include professors, we would like at least one to be from someone who supervised you, even if it was for an internship or summer job.
We will also schedule a phone or Skype interview. If you are in the DC area, we might ask you to come to the office for this part.