Bring your gifts and talents to Washington, DC to further our ministries!
Part-Time Development and Operations Assistant
Franciscan Mission Service (FMS) seeks a highly organized and detail oriented self-starter to ensure that development efforts and operational activities efficiently and effectively advance the organization’s mission. Reporting directly to the Associate Director, the Development and Operations Assistant works approximately 7-10 hours per week. Occasional remote work is a possibility, though the Development and Operations Associate is expected to be available for work from the FMS office, located in the metro-accessible Brookland neighborhood of Washington, DC.
- Support streamlined donor engagement and donor cultivation through the management of eTapestry, FMS’ donor database; process incoming donations and thank-you letters
- Co-coordinate all aspects of the mission appeals lifecycle from the point of application to the scheduling of appeals and the processing of donations; represent the spirit and values of FMS in all interactions with host churches and mission appeal volunteers
- Support FMS’ annual World Care Benefit and Celebration through communication with prospective sponsors and guests; manage table assignments and registration; collaborate with Associate Director on event-related data tracking
- Assist the Communications and Programs teams through the provision of data and documents that support their work
- Assist with general bookkeeping and maintain a working knowledge of file location
- Provide general administrative office support to the Executive Director and Associate Director
- Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years of work experience in an office environment
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Experience with database management and excellent computer skills
- Interest in implementing best practices in the areas of project and data management,
- Ability to adjust to fast-changing priorities in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Demonstrated commitment to service and social justice
- Willingness to honor the core Franciscan values of peace, fraternity, hospitality and care for creation in daily interactions with FMS staff, volunteers, and diverse constituencies
Compensation, Benefits, and Additional Information
- $15/hour, paid bi-weekly without benefits
- Flexible scheduling; hours to be determine through conversation at time of job offer
- Position open until filled.
- Desired start date: November 5, 2018
- Position end date: August 15, 2019.
- For additional information: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Associate Director Meghan Meros at email@example.com