At the invitation of the Franciscan friars of Santa Barbara Province, Franciscan Mission Service (FMS) is expanding its mission sites to include a new site along the southwest border of the United States, ministering in both the United States and Mexico. This new mission site will be in the neighboring border towns of Agua Prieta and Douglas.
Below are potential ministries in which missioners will engage:
- Helping at a community center, particularly with children’s remedial classes
- Assisting at a drug and alcohol rehab center
- Providing support at a shelter for migrant families
- Helping at a cooperative where asylum seekers are trained in a craft
- Visiting and ministering in detention centers and prisons
Opportunity for Returned Missioners
If you are an applicant interested in serving with FMS for the first time, please go to this page to learn how you can apply.