Just as we are blessed to begin a new day, we are thankful to begin a bright new year! 2012 was a good year for us and we have much to look forward to in 2013.
– The homecoming of eight missioners from Bolivia, South Africa, and Zambia.
- Nora Pfeiffer (Bolivia)
- Catherine Giller (Bolivia)
- Lynn Myrick (Bolivia)
- Joel “Carlos” Vaughn (Bolivia)
- Cecilia Marcy (South Africa)
- Tim Marcy (South Africa)
- Sandra Bradford (Zambia)
- Bryce Bradford (Zambia)
– The arrival of our new missioners Annemarie Barrett and Jeff Sved in Bolivia where current missioner Kitzi Hendricks is eager to welcome them.
– Launching our Short-Term Mission and Global Awareness Trips for groups to Washington, D.C., South Africa, and Kenya where current missioner Susan Slavin serves. The first trip will take place in February and will be to South Africa with board member Rebecca Lynes and her family.
– The 15th st. Community (our Domestic Volunteer community) becoming the Quincy St. Community.
– The many gatherings of our FMS family including the Wine and Cheese Open House, our Annual Event, and the Returned-Missioners Retreat.
– Welcoming and formation of Class 29 in the fall.
– and as always, furthering our mission of peace, justice, and hope with all of you to accompany our journey.
Praise God for new beginnings and all that we have to look forward to. We hope you will continue to journey with us as part of our community in the coming year.
What are you looking forward to in 2013?