Other Ways to Support FMS
Your prayer support is a great source of strength and encouragement for our missioners and staff. We have many stories of individuals who call or write and share their appreciation for our work and bless us with their prayerful spirits and intentions. Here are some ways you can pray for us:
- Pray for our current missioners in the field. Read about their ministries on our blog.
- Pray for the individuals currently discerning mission service with FMS.
- Pray for the financial stability of Franciscan Mission Service. May those who are able give to this life giving ministry. As is true for most non-profits, our donations have decreased significantly in this time of economic turmoil. Pray that those with financial means feel called to support us.
- Pray for our staff as they work to support our missioners in the field.
A FRANCISCAN PRAYER FOR MISSIONERS
Lord, make our sisters and brothers serving in other countries instruments of your Peace…
…In the midst of conflict give them serene spirits.
Where there is hatred, let them sow love…
…Grant that our missioners be bridges of reconciliation
Where there is injury, pardon…
…Make our missioners a truly healing presence.
Where there is doubt, faith…
…Give our missioners absolute trust in your Providence.
Where there is despair, hope…
…Keep our missioners ever-mindful of your empowering presence in the world.
Where there is darkness, light…
…Grant that the witness of our missioners illumine the way for all they encounter.
Where there is sadness, joy…
…Keep the spirits of our missioners lifted by the grace of their vocation.
O Divine Master, may our missionary sisters and brothers not so much
seek to be consoled as to console…
…In the midst of the pain which they witness.
To be understood, as to understand…
…In the trying reality of their missionary lives.
To be loved, as to love…
…Each person without thought of class, race or religion.
Help our missioners believe the all-important truth:
That in giving they receive
That in pardoning they are pardoned
And that in dying they are born to eternal life.
Franciscan Mission Service always welcomes volunteers to help with office tasks and organization events. If interested in giving your time, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help prepare mass mailings
- Distribute promotional materials and flyers throughout the DC metro area and around the country (educational institutions, campus ministry offices, and churches)
- Donate items that we are seeking from our wish list.
Refurbish Casa San Salvador
Located in Northeast Washington, DC, Casa San Salvador serves as space for Formation and Re-Entry programs, intentional community housing, guest housing, meetings, and retreats.
The aged house currently needs some refurbishing in preparation for the new class of missioners-in-training and DC Service Corps volunteers.
Your gift can make the space more functional for the lay people participating in our programs. Supply the couch on which retreatants can sit during facilitated reflections. Provide a dishwasher to help with community meals. Purchase the vacuum with which the volunteers can keep the Casa spotless. Or throw in some bedding for guests and volunteers alike to make the house feel like a home.
Current needs include:
- Projector for Formation sessions
- Queen bed frame
- Bunk bed ladder
- Kitchen rugs
Thank you for directly addressing our immediate physical needs!