As a Franciscan priest and scholar of Arab and Islamic Studies, guest blogger Fr. Michael Calabria, OFM, does a good job of explaining some Ramadan traditions and paralleling them to the Catholic seasons of preparation.
You can check out the entire series, or choose from the individual posts:
- Fasting to Reorient – Celebrating scripture
- Preparing for the Light – How Ramadan is more like Advent than Lent
- Being Conscious of God -Being aware of God’s omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience
- Do This in Memory of Me – Remembering the word of God
- “My Lord, forgive me” – Considering what it means to be “one who submits (to God)”
Ramadan Mubarak, our friends!