Takeaway Wednesday: Recipe for Choclo Salad!
In today’s Takeaway Wednesday post, lay missioner Nate Mortenson presents a recipe for one of his new favorite Bolivian dishes: “Choclo Salad”!
|“Choclo Salad” prepared and photographed by Nate Mortenson|
- 1 pound mote (large white corn kernels, steamed and pulled from the corn cob — kernels of sweet corn could substitute)
- 3 or 4 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ pound quesillo (very soft salty white cheese — large curd whole milk cottage cheese could substitute)
- 1 medium purple onion
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper and salt
1. Chop the tomatoes in long thin slices.
2. Chop the onions in long slices like the tomatoes, but thinner.
3. Cube the quesillo into about 2 cm chunks.
4. Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl, adding vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy as a side with any meal.
|“Choclo Salad” as a side dish prepared and photographed by Nate Mortenson|