A Pandemic Playlist
Editor’s Note: Lay Missioner Joleen Johnson shares a playlist of compiled songs that have helped the FMS community throughout this past year of pandemic.
To mix it up a little bit, I chose to use more music instead of words for this blog. I’ve asked current FMS Missioners and community members to share a song that has been significant to them over the past year of the Covid-19 Pandemic, encouraged them, or simply been a song that they like.
I’m thankful that, in asking for many voices and recommendations in this playlist, there is a little bit of everything represented. Perhaps you will find a new song or two to connect with, reflect on or sing along to.
Reflection: Is there a particular song that has gotten you through this past year? How does music impact you?
As spring has sprung, hopefully this playlist of songs also has the power to raise your spirit:
1. “You Are Mine” by Walkers to Heaven
2. “Oh, Happy Day” by Edwin Hawkins – Anthony Brown w/ FBCG Combined Choir
3. “It is Well” by Kristene DiMarco
4. “Hang On” by NEEDTOBREATHE
5. “How Great Thou Art” by George Nooks
6. “Give Thanks + Always There for Me” by George Nooks
7.“You Got It” by Roy Orbison
8. “Poco a Poco” by Brother Isaiah
9. “We’re Gonna be Alright” by Switchfoot
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEunxHgzCk” playlist=”VcEunxHgzCk,olQrCfkvbGw,Y7lfDrNM95U,tQeKzMJmF5U,pkcr2wvXR30,K1ycRgcmapE,lvR1YgT7QYs,yDm3-OOi99w,xpFG7rYLaVY” rel=”no” fs=”no” modestbranding=”yes” wmode=”transparent” playsinline=”yes”]
*Skip to change songs & view the playlist on the upper-rightmost icon*